1864, the year the tide started to turn. Why was Ulysses S. Grant called “the fumbling butcher”? When did he cry? Will Lincoln be re-elected? How did General Lee frustrate the Union Army? Why did William Tecumseh Sherman march to the sea?
All that and more in Chapter V, of the American Civil War Podcast by Yuval Malachi.
Music used in the podcast
- Marching Through Georgia,Songs of the Civil War, Jay Ungar and Molly Mason with Fiddle Fever
- Lincoln & Liberty, Songs of the Civil War, Ronnie Gilbert
- Shilo – unknown
- Sad Romance-Thao Nguyen Xanh.mp3 – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIuotFZnBtk
- Tennessee Ernie Ford – While We Were Marching Through Georgia
- U S A MILITARY MARCH battle hymn of the republic – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl_rljOB4AE